Zandvoort, Holland

Holland’s one and only race circuit, located 24 km west of Amsterdam, Zandvoort was opened in 1948 and was a regular F1 GP circuit until 1985.  After going bankrupt it was taken over by the town council in 1988, and noise pollution laws meant the circuit had to be altered with a man made sand dune being built between the town and a revised 2.4 km circuit.

Visit Website

By Phil Clark

« | »

Leave us a comment

  • No comments yet.
  • No trackbacks yet.

 
Read previous post:
Le Sarthe, Le Mans, France

Part of the Triple Crown of Motorsport (along with the Monaco Grand Prix and the Indy 500) this 13.6km long...

Close