Mazda funding buys pet food and emergency vehicle equipment

Mazda funding buys pet food and emergency vehicle equipment

Assistance-dogs-3The Mazda Foundation supported by sales from the national dealer network has awarded its second round of funding for the year to deserving Kiwis.

Around 29 individuals, community groups and charities around New Zealand have received grants to the total value of nearly $75,000.

Grants handed out this round included two groups supporting those living with disabilities.

Waikato-based Assistance Dogs NZ received $5,000 to buy dog food for a litter of eight puppies completing the training programme. It breeds, raises and trains puppies to help people with disabilities.

Funding development manager Wendy Isaacs says there has been an increase in the demand for the service.

“We are the only service dog provider that works with children and individuals affected by multiple disabilities,” says Isaacs.

“We’re grateful to the Mazda Foundation for funding this food because a quality diet is essential for our fast growing large breed dogs,” she says.

Northland charity, Achieve 2B, received $900 to upgrade its website to cope with the increased interest from people wanting to use the organisation.

It provides young people with disabilities the opportunity to take part in cultural exchange programmes overseas.

The Volunteer Fire Brigade in Woodend, Canterbury received a gift of $6500. The region’s rapid growth means callouts have increased meaning the brigade needs to purchase new equipment to meet demand.

The funds will buy emergency-type vehicle light bars and alert sirens for its support vehicle.

Volunteer firefighter David Houlihan says Woodend is fortunate to have such a team looking after the town.

“Career firefighters only make up 20% of New Zealand’s fire service; the remaining 80% are volunteers who receive no payment for their time or labour,” says Houlihan.

“The support vehicle is a welcome addition to our fleet and we’re grateful for the Mazda Foundation helping us cover the costs of the light bars and sirens,” he says.

The Foundation, which is celebrating its tenth anniversary, has gifted nearly $1.9million back to the community since it began.

The closing date for the next round of Mazda Foundation applications is 30 September 2015. For more information or to download an application form, visit mazdafoundation.org.nz.

« | »

Let us know what you think

Loading Facebook Comments ...

Road Tests

Silver Sponsors

Car and SUV Team

Richard-Edwards-2016Richard Edwards

Managing editor

linkedinphotoDarren Cottingham

Motoring writer

robertbarry-headRobert Barry

Chief reporter

Ian-Ferguson-6Ian Ferguson

Advertising Consultant

debDeborah Baxter

Operations Manager

RSS Latest News from Autotalk

RSS Latest News from Dieseltalk

Read previous post:
A155124_x750
New Audi A4 arrival in the first quarter of 2016

Audi AG has opened the order book for the new A4 sedan and Avant in European markets, and it’s officially...

Close