Holden’s engineering team is busy developing the next-generation Commodore dubbed VF, but with this new model still two to three years away, there’s plenty of time for more tweaking of the current VE model.
For the 2012 model year, the Commodore will receive two new colours, modest exterior and interior enhancements, plus the inclsion of the track-inspired FE3 sports suspension on Redline variants.
Selected models receive chrome accents to highlight the Series II front fascia, while Omega is fitted with new 16-inch seven-spoke alloy wheels. A new lip spoiler enhances the styling of the luxury focused Calais V. The SS V-Series Redline Edition gets new forged and polished 19-inch alloy wheels plus painted rear brake calipers.
In the cabin, there’s silver stitching on the optional Onyx and Razor leather interior trim while the Redhot trim also receives some treatment. The iQ multimedia system has been updated to be compatible with the latest smartphones.
Holden’s colour and trim team has introduced two new exterior colors named Perfect Blue and Chlorophyll. The new blue hue pays homage to Australian motorsport icon Peter Brock and his famous Formula Blue HDT Group A VK SS Commodore that was launched back in 1985.
Holden Chief Designer Sharon Gauci said Holden had a unique relationship with Peter Brock during his 40-year motorsport career so Perfect Blue was particularly special. “Peter Brock was an incredibly talented man and a great ambassador for Holden so we wanted the colour to express that unique connection Holden had with Peter. Perfect Blue is our way of celebrating Peter‟s achievements, after he left a lasting impression on Holden and our company heritage,” she said.
Both Perfect Blue and Chlorophyll will be available on MY12 Commodore, which has just gone into production, and the MY12 Cruze range available for sale in New Zealand early in the new year.
Finally, Holden’s previously optional track-inspired FE3 super sports suspension set-up is now standard across all three body styles of the SS V Redline Edition series including the sedan, Sportwagon and Ute.
Interior and exterior design enhancements across the range include:
- New seven-spoke 16” alloy wheels
- New chrome-highlighted lower outboard fascia inserts
Builds on Omega features with –
- New unique chrome-highlighted fog lamp surrounds
- New interior silver seat stitching to complement the Razor/Onyx leather fabric trim option
- New sedan lip spoiler (also available as an accessory across the remaining sedan line-up)
Commodore SV6 and SS
- New chrome-highlighted lower air dam and front grille surround
- New interior silver stitching on seat and door trims with Razor/Onyx leather trim
Commodore SS V-Series
Builds on SV6 and SS features with –
- Additional chrome-accented lower outboard inserts
- Redhot interior stitching on seats and door trim for models featuring the Redhot interior trim (only available with Redhot, Phantom and Alto Grey exterior colours)
Builds on SS V only, with –
- FE3 performance tuned-suspension added to Sportwagon and Ute – now available across all three Commodore body styles
- New 10-spoke 19” polished and forged alloy wheels
- New red-painted Brembo 4-piston front brakes and rear brake callipers